Friday, September 7, 2012

Deputy Postmaster General Visits the Big Apple

Deputy Postmaster General (DPMG) Ronald A. Stroman received a very warm welcome from employees working at the James A. Farley Station last week. Stroman, accompanied by the New York District Leadership team, toured the Carrier Section, the Retail Operations and the famous land marked lobby that stretches along 8th Avenue from 31st street to 33rd street. Afterwards, District employees, being New Yorkers, had plenty to say.

Deputy Postmaster General Ronald A. Stroman greets employees at JAF during visit to New York District



“It was wonderful that Headquarters and the District leadership visited the carrier team,” said CSC JAF Catherine Spears-Susswell. “Their interaction was a real morale booster, and sharing a positive message about all that they are doing to move us into the future means a lot to the employees.”
 "I asked the Deputy PMG a question about negotiations because it is important to me," said JAF Letter Carrier Eddie Pate. "I was satisfied with the answer; it at least it let me know management is in my corner and doing what they can for my future.”

 “The APC (Automated Postal Center) is a big part of the type of service customers are looking for,” said JAF Lobby Director Alberto “Al” Vargas. “They love self-service. It makes sense to give customers what they want. I have an idea, so if the company uses it, remember that I said it first,” he laughed. “Customers want to be able to send newspapers and educational materials through the APC and get the best postage rate at the same time, so I believe we should offer Media mail as an option at our APC’s”.

  
 “I’m working at JAF for 20 years and although I work behind the scenes, I contribute to the customer experience every day by making service better from within,” smiled Distribution Associate Lucy Penaloza.  “I want the work I do to mean something to the organization I love.”